Evercare of New Mexico’s Long Term Care Plan Achieves NCQA New Health Plan Accreditation
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (Sept. 20, 2011) – Evercare of New Mexico’s Long Term Care Plan has achieved a three-year New Health Plan Accreditation from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
NCQA New Health Plan Accreditation is a nationally recognized evaluation that regulators and consumers use to assess health plans. The accreditation process evaluates all parts of a health plan’s delivery system, from physicians and hospitals to administrative services. The review also includes onsite and offsite evaluations by a team of physicians and managed-care experts.
Evercare’s NCQA New Health Plan Accreditation performance results were based on the evaluation of a range of categories. Following are examples of how Evercare met NCQA’s requirements:
- Access and Service – Evercare of New Mexico offers a broad, statewide network of health care providers with 3,100 physicians and care professionals and 35 hospitals in New Mexico.
- Qualified Care Providers – Evercare of New Mexico analyzes physician practices based on established and accepted clinical guidelines for quality care.
- Staying Healthy – Evercare of New Mexico provides a range of tools, such as delivery of personalized messages to plan participants about key health milestones and services that could result in early detection of potential health issues.
- Getting Better – Evercare of New Mexico provides a number of resources to help people recover from illnesses, such as inpatient care management programs, disease management and care coordination, which includes a comprehensive assessment and development of an individualized care plan based on needs and risk factors.
- Living with Illness – Evercare of New Mexico provides programs focused on preventing complications in patients with chronic diseases through condition monitoring, treatment plans, helping people adhere to treatment plans and improve their lifestyles.
“This NCQA accreditation reflects Evercare’s commitment to ensuring our Long Term Care Plan members have access to quality, evidence-based care and personalized care management programs that help them live healthier lives,” said Kevin Kandalaft, plan president of Evercare New Mexico, a UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH) company.
For more information about NCQA, visit www.ncqa.org.
NCQA is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of health care organizations. It also recognizes clinicians and practices in key areas of performance. NCQA’s Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) is the most widely used performance measurement tool in health care. NCQA is committed to providing health care quality information for consumers, purchasers, health care providers and researchers.
UnitedHealthcare is dedicated to helping people nationwide live healthier lives by simplifying the health care experience, meeting consumer health and wellness needs, and sustaining trusted relationships with care providers. The company offers the full spectrum of health benefit programs for individuals, employers and Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries, and contracts directly with more than 650,000 physicians and care professionals and 5,000 hospitals nationwide. UnitedHealthcare serves more than 38 million people and is one of the businesses of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH), a diversified Fortune 50 health and well-being company.