UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Ohio Medicaid Managed Care Plan Achieves NCQA Three-Year Accreditation
COLUMBUS, Ohio (March 5, 2012) – UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Ohio has achieved three-year accreditation from National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for its Medicaid Managed Care plan in Ohio.
NCQA Health Plan Accreditation is a nationally recognized evaluation that regulators and consumers use to assess health plans. The accreditation process evaluates all parts of a health plan’s delivery system, from physicians and hospitals to administrative services. The review also includes onsite and offsite evaluations by a team of physicians and managed care experts.
UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Ohio’s NCQA Health Plan Accreditation performance results were based on the evaluation of a range of categories. Following are examples of how UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Ohio met NCQA’s requirements:
- Access and Service – Community Plan of Ohio offers a broad network of health care providers with more than 20,000 physicians and care professionals and more than 100 hospitals in Ohio.
- Qualified Care Providers – Community Plan of Ohio analyzes physician practices based on established and accepted clinical guidelines for quality care.
- Staying Healthy – Community Plan of Ohio provides a range of tools, such as delivery of personalized messages to plan participants about key health milestones, and services that could result in early detection of potential health issues.
- Getting Better – Community Plan of Ohio provides resources that help people recover from illnesses, including inpatient care management programs, disease management and care coordination, which includes a comprehensive assessment and development of an individualized care plan based on needs and risk factors.
- Living with Illness – Community Plan of Ohio provides programs focused on preventing complications in patients with chronic diseases through condition monitoring, treatment plans, helping people adhere to treatment plans and improve their lifestyles.
“This NCQA accreditation reflects UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Ohio’s commitment to ensuring our members have access to quality, evidence-based care and personalized care management programs that help them live healthier lives,” said Plan President Tracy Davidson. For more information about NCQA, visit www.ncqa.org.
NCQA is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of health care organizations. It also recognizes clinicians and practices in key areas of performance. NCQA is committed to providing health care quality information for consumers, purchasers, health care providers and researchers.
UnitedHealthcare is dedicated to helping people nationwide live healthier lives by simplifying the health care experience, meeting consumer health and wellness needs and sustaining trusted relationships with care providers. The company offers the full spectrum of health benefit programs for individuals, employers and Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries. UnitedHealthcare serves more than 38 million people and is one of the businesses of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH), a diversified Fortune 50 health and well-being company.