A number of telehealth policies were altered at the beginning of COVID-19, allowing virtual platforms to increase their capacity to deliver care. With telehealth utilization becoming more prominent among our members, we have seen new challenges emerge, including a lack of access to broadband — but we have also seen new benefits, such as a decrease in transportation concerns.
In this video, Kersten Burns-Lausch, Director, Policy & Strategy, explores:
- Telehealth as an emerging trend
- Factors that affect telehealth usage
- Permanency of telehealth policy changes that occurred during COVID-19
- How the expansion of telehealth services has affected Medicaid enrollees
- How telehealth impacts health equity
- How telehealth expansion during COVID-19 transformed how providers practice