To solution for this challenge, the team has been providing key partners dedicated to serving the underserved with laptops for eight years.
Since 2013, the team has donated 646 laptops to 61 community partners statewide as part of the Community Computers Program. Community Computers helps community and faith-based organizations establish their own on-site computer labs with refurbished computers donated by UnitedHealthcare.
At some of these organizations, individuals may be able to use the computers for personal use to:
- Fill out necessary forms to obtain or renew health insurance or assistance benefits
- Complete job training programs or employment applications
- Participate in college classes or submit schoolwork
- Gain access to social services like food assistance, housing and other resources
- Utilize telehealth services to maintain care appointments
Other organizations may use the computers to support programming they have in place as part of the community supports and services they offer.