UnitedHealthcare Community & State is the business segment of UnitedHealthcare that provides health care coverage for beneficiaries of Medicaid and other government health care programs. These health plans operate locally as UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.
Community & State has in-depth experience and knowledge of the Georgia market. We live here. We work here. Our strong local presence enables us to see the opportunities as well as the issues, so we can deliver effective solutions to address the specific needs of Georgia.
In Georgia, our team strives to provide high-quality, affordable and individualized care, and we work every day to ensure we deliver on this commitment for our members. The State of Georgia’s goal is to advance the health, wellness and independence of those served and we are proud to be a partner in this mission.
UnitedHealthcare is proud to serve nearly 2.4 million people in Georgia, including 43,000 Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan (DSNP) members. As part of our commitment to building a healthy Georgia, we remain steadfast in supporting these members, our state partners, providers and the communities we serve. To continue to drive Georgia Medicaid toward a best-in-class model we are:
- Implementing solutions in response to the barriers faced by our community partners working tirelessly to expand access to critical resources
- Emphasizing person-centered care in order to improve population health
- Identifying and addressing system inequities, eliminating barriers to care, and supporting a modernized Medicaid program to advance health equity
It’s our privilege to work within the Georgia healthcare system and the Department of Human Services to help people live healthier lives.
Improving access to care
At UnitedHealthcare, we provide health plans for everyone, from their earliest years through their working lives and into retirement. We are working to create a system that is connected, aligned and more affordable for all involved. One that delivers high quality care, is responsive to the needs of each person and the communities in which they live, and that works better for everyone.
UnitedHealthcare contracts with more than 28K providers and 140 hospitals in Georgia.
Addressing population health through case management
Using a data informed population health model, we design and implement tailored programs and supports, and cultivate community partnerships that transform the health of the communities we serve.
Advancing health equity
We are dedicated to breaking down barriers to care by understanding and addressing health and racial disparities through data-informed solutions and partnerships.
Rising up to support the needs of those most underserved
COVID-19 has profoundly impacted the health of people around the world. To support our Georgia members, care provider partners and the community during this unprecedented time, we have:
- Distributed more than 30 boxes of food to Innovative Solution, which supports grandparents raising grandchildren
- Identified DSNP members who have limited or no access to food and delivered nearly 180 boxes of food and prepared meals to these individuals
- Provided 4,200 units of hand sanitizer to individuals through AAA and Families First
- Provided 14,000 masks to area agencies, regional food banks, locally based non-profits and FQHCs in partnership with Georgia Area Agencies for Aging, the Georgia Primary Care Association and the Georgia Food Bank Association