UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Virginia provides Medicaid coverage to various individuals with our programs. We serve the following populations:
- Children: Children from birth to age 19 access a part of the nationwide Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). This provides coverage for financially eligible uninsured children including primary and dental care, behavioral health services and vaccinations.
- Expansion Adults: Adults between the ages of 19 – 64 who earn up to 138% of the federal poverty level have received Medicaid in Virginia since 2019 through Medicaid Expansion.
- Individuals with Disabilities: These individuals include those with physical or intellectual disabilities. Individuals with severe behavioral disorders or mental illnesses such as schizophrenia are also included.
- Other Adults: This includes individuals who qualify in other ways such as those who received Medicaid as a child while in foster care.
- Older Adults: Those over age 65 who meet income requirements or qualify because of a disability are also covered.
- Pregnant Women: Women who are pregnant and meet certain income limits are eligible for Medicaid and other programs that provide coverage during pregnancy and the 60-days following pregnancy.