Community & State is the business segment of UnitedHealthcare that provides health care coverage for beneficiaries of Medicaid and other government health care programs. These health plans operate locally as UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.
We are proud to partner with AHCCCS, the State of Arizona’s Medicaid agency, in their mission to provide equitable access to high-quality care. In support of creating healthier communities across Arizona, we are:
- Developing innovative programs and partnerships to improve access to care statewide
- Improving LTC member engagement and access to care
- Partnering with providers, FQHCs, Community Health Workers and Promotoras that serve our members
- Supporting workforce development and empowering caregivers
- Investing in community organizations and programs that deliver long-term impact
- Measuring and addressing social determinants of health
- Driving health equity for all
- Continuing a culture of quality that maximizes value and increases member and provider satisfaction.
With 40 years of experience serving AHCCCS Medicaid members in Arizona, we are excited to build on our deep experience and relationships to develop innovative solutions that transform and simplify care. Our strong local presence enables us to deliver effective solutions to address the specific needs of diverse communities across the state, all in support of our goal to help Arizonans live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone.
CEO – UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Arizona